Even though we’ve been brushing our teeth for our whole lives, many of us are surprised to learn that we’re not doing it properly. How many of you think it’s a race when you step in front of the sink? You may brush for less than a minute, leaving a layer of plaque behind. Plaque that isn’t removed can harden into tartar, making it harder to keep teeth clean. That’s why it is important to utilize these brushing tips in between professional cleanings and dental checkups with our doctors at Cadena Dentistry.
- Place the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Move the brush back-and-forth gently in short strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inside surfaces and the chewing surfaces of all teeth.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and keep your breath fresh.
If you have questions about your oral hygiene routine, please give us a call. To learn about our services that we provide at the practice, visit www.cadenadentistry.com for more information. To schedule an appointment with Cadena Dentistry in Del Rio, TX, call 830-775-3322.